Join our Team! We are currently hiring for an Executive Director. See below for full details and how to apply. Deadline to apply is November 30th.
DREAM OF WILD HEALTH
Over the past 20 years, Dream of Wild Health (DWH) has built a strong reputation as a leading organization in food sovereignty work, providing innovative programs that support youth leadership and indigenous foods in the urban Native American community. As part of a current strategic planning process, DWH seeks to build on this success with new leadership to strengthen infrastructure, improve the effectiveness of internal systems, and focus on long-term sustainability.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for staff, programs, and implementation of mission.
Leadership & Management:
- Accomplishes the mission and the goals of the organization within the policies established by the board of directors
- Establishes with the board multi-year strategic plans that are updated annually to insure programs continue to support community needs and maintain mission focus in daily operations. Together with the Board Chair, provides leadership to the Board and its committees and assists with recruiting of Board Members
- Ensures that the (cultural, human, financial and physical) resources are in place to accomplish the strategic goals of the organization
- Provides overall management of the organization - oversees all daily operations, including program delivery, evaluation and quality of services, and supervises and supports development of employees and volunteers
Fundraising & Communications:
- Oversees fundraising – works with staff/contractors to ensure and maintain the organization's financial support
- Serves as the primary visionary and spokesperson of the organization; promotes public awareness of DWH programs and services; creates and manages partnerships to further the goals of DWH
Business & Financial:
- Provides a yearly budget for Board approval; manages organization’s resources within established budget guidelines; and adjusts budget as necessary throughout the year to maintain financial stability
- Oversight of urban & farm facilities and physical plant needs to ensure that DWT programs, facilities, vehicles and people are adequate to maintain organizational viability and effectiveness
- Other duties as board feels appropriate
Reports to: The Board of Directors
27 days PTO
The ED will bring a passionate commitment to Dream of Wild Health’s mission, demonstrate strong relationships and cultural competency within the Native American community, as well as proven leadership and management experience.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree, 5+ years of non-profit senior management experience
- Extensive fundraising experience in addition to marketing and communication skills
- Experience with Native youth/family program management, with a commitment to excellence and data-driven program evaluation
- Deep understanding of business planning and ability to manage a budget
- Excellent personal skills and ability to develop strong relationships with a Board of Directors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of food and health issues in Native community
If interested, submit cover letter, resume & 3-5 references by NOVEMBER 30th to:
Or mail to: Dream of Wild Health
1308 East Franklin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Attn: Executive Director Application