Garden Warriors who demonstrate maturity and commitment to succeeding in school are invited to join our year-round Youth Leaders group. It is an opportunity for Native youth to take leadership in the community around nutrition, health and food justice issues.
We work together to become advocates and examples for our community and reconnect to a traditional relationship with our food.
Our goals are to:
- Deepen our understanding of Food Justice and connect to a larger movement
- Change people's negative opinions on healthy foods
- To take home food and recipes to cook healthy means for our families
- To sell twice as much as we do now at farmers markets
- Bring healthy change to the community based on lessons learned at Dream of Wild Health
- Meet other environmentalists to work together to change the environment
- Have the Dream of Wild Health organization known on a bigger scale
- Share Food Justice concepts with our community