Youth Kitchen Intern
Check out the printable version of this position description here: Youth Kitchen Intern Position Description
Pay: $11 per hour
Tentative program dates as follows: June 14-17 - Cora’s Kids 1, June 28-July 1 - Cora’s Kids 2, July 12-29 - Garden Warriors 1, August 9-26- Garden Warriors 2
**Plus additional trainings, meetings or events outside of dates listed above**
Alanna Norris, Nutrition Program Coordinator
The Youth Kitchen Intern will assist the nutrition staff, Chef and program staff in the day to day operations of our summer youth programs including meal preparation, cooking, set-up/clean-up, serving and working with youth participants.
- Preferred candidates have completed at least one Dream of Wild Health Garden Warriors program session and are between the ages of 16 and 20 during summer programs.
- Willingness to learn, participate and take the lead in the tasks and responsibilities
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and get things done independently and within a team
- Ability to adapt and keep up in a fast paced intergenerational work environment
- Ability to delegate, lead by example, and get youth to participate
Roles & Responsibilities
- Communicate regularly with Nutrition Program Coordinator and other DWH Staff
- Build relationships with and engage youth participants
- Keep an eye on everyone, make sure everyone is comfortable and involved in activities
- Adhere to and enforce the DWH Healthy Food Policy and Good Relative Policy when at the farm
- Work with DWH Program Team to identify and plan one 30-minute activity to lead for each youth program session (Cora’s Kids 1, Cora’s Kids 2, Garden Warriors 1, Garden Warriors 2)
- (Pending COVID restrictions) Assist with Garden Warriors Session 1 & 2 Feast Day preparations
- Attend at least one program staff meeting on Fridays during summer programs
- Attend Youth Kitchen Intern training for a day during the month of May
- Follow all Safety Policies & Procedures
- Assist with other farm and program duties as needed
Please send a resume and two paragraph cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Dream of Wild Health ℅ Alanna Norris 1308 E. Franklin Ave. Suite 203 Minneapolis MN 55404.
Your resume should list past job experiences, Garden Warriors experience, extra curricular activities, and include 1-2 references. Your cover letter should include why you want to be a Youth Kitchen Intern with Dream of Wild Health and how your resume experiences make you a good fit for the position.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by April 20th.