Youth Seed Regeneration Intern
You can find the position description (in printable format) here: Youth Seed Regeneration Intern.
Pay: $11 per hour
Tentative program dates as follows: June 14-17 - Cora’s Kids 1, June 28-July 1 - Cora’s Kids 2, July 12-29 - Garden Warriors 1, August 9-26- Garden Warriors 2
**Plus additional trainings, meetings or events outside of dates listed above**
Reports to: Farm Manager, Distribution & Operations Supervisor, and Market Team Leader
The Youth Seed Regeneration Intern will assist the farm and program staff in the day to day operations of our summer youth programs.
- Preferred candidates have completed at least one Dream of Wild Health Garden Warriors program sessions and are between the ages of 16 and 20 during our summer programs.
- Communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and get things done independently
- Ability to adapt and keep up in a fast paced intergenerational work environment
- Ability to delegate, lead by example and get youth to help
Roles & Responsibilities
- Communicate regularly with Farm Manager and other DWH staff
- Responsible for growing, harvesting and saving the Indigenous seed collection under the direction of the Seed Keeper
- Build relationships with the youth
- Keep an eye on everyone, make sure everyone is comfortable and engaged
- Adhere to and enforce the DWH Healthy Food Policy and Good Relative Policy when at the farm
- Work with DWH Program Team to identify and plan one 30-minute activity to lead for each youth program session (Cora’s Kids 1, Cora’s Kids 2, Garden Warriors 1, Garden Warriors 2)
- (Pending COVID restrictions) Assist with Garden Warriors Session 1 & 2 Feast Day preparations
- Attend at least one program staff meeting on Fridays during summer programs
- Attend Youth Program Intern training for a half day during the month of May
- Follow all Safety Policies & Procedures
- Assist with other farm and program duties as needed
Please send a resume and two paragraph cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Dream of Wild Health ℅ Jessika Greendeer 1308 E. Franklin Ave. Suite 203 Minneapolis MN 55404.
Your resume should list past job experiences, extra curriculars, and include 1-2 references. Your cover letter should include why you want to be a program intern and how your resume experiences make you a good fit for the position.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by April 20th.