Youth Program Intern
You can find the position description (in printable format) here: Youth Program Intern Position Description
Pay: $11 per hour
Tentative program dates as follows: June 14-17 - Cora’s Kids 1, June 28-July 1 - Cora’s Kids 2, July 12-29 - Garden Warriors 1, August 9-26- Garden Warriors 2
**Plus additional trainings, meetings or events outside of dates listed above**
Reports to: Angel Swann, Community Programs Coordinator
The Youth Program Intern will assist the program and nutrition staff in the day to day operations of our summer youth programs including program planning and preparation, set-up/clean-up, working with youth participants and ensuring activities run smoothly.
- Preferred candidates have completed at least one Dream of Wild Health Garden Warriors program sessions and are between the ages of 16 and 20 during our summer programs.
- Willingness to learn, participate and take the lead in the tasks and responsibilities
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and get things done independently and within a team
- Ability to adapt and keep up in a fast paced intergenerational work environment
- Ability to delegate, lead by example and get youth to participate
Roles & Responsibilities
- Communicate regularly with Community Programs Coordinator and other DWH staff
- Build relationships with and engage youth participants
- Keep an eye on everyone, make sure everyone is comfortable and involved in activities
- Adhere to and enforce the DWH Healthy Food Policy and Good Relative Policy when at the farm
- Work with the DWH Program Team to identify one 30-minute activity to lead for each youth program session (Cora’s Kids 1, Cora’s Kids 2, Garden Warriors 1, Garden Warriors 2)
- (Pending COVID restrictions) Assist with Garden Warriors Session 1 & 2 Feast Day preparations
- Attend at least one program staff meeting on Fridays during summer programs
- Attend Youth Program Intern training for a day during the month of May
- Follow all Safety Policies & Procedures
- Assist with other farm and program duties as needed
Please send a resume and two paragraph cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Dream of Wild Health ℅ Angel Swann 1308 E. Franklin Ave. Suite 203 Minneapolis MN 55404.
Your resume should list past job experiences, Garden Warriors experience, extra curricular activities, and include 1-2 references.
Your cover letter should include why you want to be a Program Intern at Dream of Wild Health and how your resume experiences make you a good fit for the position.