You can find the position description (in printable format) here: Seasonal Farmer.
Status: Seasonal, Full-time (March 22-Oct 31) | Salary: $12 per hour | Reports to: Farm Manager, Distribution & Operations Supervisor, and Market Team Leader
DWH is hiring two Seasonal Farmers who will work under the guidance of and alongside farm management and participate in all aspects of farming and basic duties of field and facilities maintenance and organization as assigned.
Responsibilities & Expectations: Farm Operations
- High level of attention to detail for seed starting and greenhouse work
- Transplanting from greenhouse flats to the flied and direct seeding
- Cover cropping, mulching, irrigation, record keeping
- Weeding, cultivating, and hoeing
- Harvesting, washing and packing for CSA, wholesale, markets, programs, and events
- General field maintenance and other duties as assigned on the farm
- Experience with Native American community (must have basic cultural understanding)
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, and be able to work well both independently and harmoniously with team members.
- Must be self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Hardworking, with physical and emotional stamina, and be able to work outside in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, cold).
- Willingness to learn and experience/interest in sustainable/organic farming. Willingness to seek guidance as needed.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions well, be adaptable, and be flexible with daily tasks.
- Direct and healthy communication skills with managers and team members; willingness to receive feedback, adapt, and be comfortable asking questions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation to and from farm in Hugo, MN
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Schedule & Compensation: This is a seasonal, FT position, 40 hours a week starting March 22 and going through October 31st, 2021. Compensation is $12 an hour. Typical work hours during peak season (June-Sept.) are Monday-Friday from 7:30-3:30pm (shifting an hour later off-peak), with the recognition that there may be days we work later or start earlier to finish time-sensitive tasks. Employee benefits include: produce from the farm, 3 paid holidays, accrual of paid vacation and sick days.
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and three references to Bryan at Bryan@dreamofwildhealth.org. Open until filled.